It’s giveaway time!!! (***The giveaway has ended. You can still do the scavenger hunt anytime, and download it for free. Thank you to everyone who participated.)
The Novel Turtle and the Seeds of Happiness are joining forces to do fun giveaway.
How to Enter: solve the scavenger hunt below, send the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “SOH Giveaway”, and you’ll be entered to win one of the 10 prizes. The fun begins when this post goes live, and ends on Sunday May 3rd, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. Any emails that are received after that will not be included.
When you send the answers, you only need to send the answers to the questions, you don’t have to send pictures of the items that you found or anything like that. Although, if you’d like to post pictures of the scavenger hunt fun on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram (@thenovelturtle AND @seedsofhappiness), we’d love to see them. =) If you post pictures on your own page, be sure to use #TheNovelTurtle #SeedsOfHappiness and #SOH so we can see them as well.
Make sure to let me know what email works best for you, because I will email you back at this email address if you’re one of the lucky winners.
(Your email is not automatically put onto any list. If you would like to sign up for The Novel Turtle Happy Mails, you can do so here. If you’d like to receive emails from Seeds of Happiness then you can sign up here.)
Each person who wins will receive:
1) A Seeds of Happiness Connect with Kindness Kit that includes – 2 random colored smiles (one to keep and one to share when it’s safe to get back out), a “Connect With Kindness” button, a Seeds of Happiness sticker, and a handwritten note from me, Lori; AND 2) stickers from The Novel Turtle.
Each winner also gets the opportunity to share the smiles now by sending an entire package to someone else. (They will receive a Connect with Kindness Kit and stickers as well.)
In this way you get one and you get to share one now, then when it’s safe to get back out and about BOTH of you have a Seed of Happiness to share with someone else.
*Only one winner per household, per address, and the 2nd package that we send has to go to someone outside of your household. (ie. you can’t win AND send a second kit to your own address)
If you have any questions send me an email, email@example.com, or send me a Private Message on Facebook.
This will all be done through The Novel Turtle Website so please send any and all questions and information to the above places. Otherwise it probably won’t get answered in time.
The scavenger hunt can be done completely from home.
A lot of the answers can be found either on the Seeds of Happiness website and Facebook page, OR The Novel Turtle website (where you are now) and Facebook page. The others can be found through Google, or whatever search engine that you use. For the questions that are about the Facebook page, you don’t have to have a Facebook account to answer them. Simply click the link in the question, and scroll down to find the answers. (You’ll likely have to close a pop up from Facebook asking you to sign up.)
There are several ways that you can do the hunt: 1) Find the answer to the question, and then find the item related to that answer all at once; 2) Find just the answers without finding the items; OR 3) break the two up and make two separate scavenger hunts out of them – find the answers one day and the related items another day. I like to give people choices. =)
*Whichever way you do it, be sure to email me those answers by midnight on May 3rd, 2020 to be entered to win one of the prizes.
I have also made a free downloadable version of the hunt, so you can print it off if you want to. It’s a one-page Word document, in the same format as the one below.
Our entire goal with this scavenger hunt and giveaway is 1) to give you something fun to do while you may be at home more, 2) to give to those who may not be able to afford to buy Seeds of Happiness right now, and 3) to allow you to give back as well. The more that we spread smiles and happiness, the better off we’ll all be.
Now….on to the fun!!!
There are 20 questions about the Seeds of Happiness, The Novel Turtle, turtles, smiles, happiness, and fun in general. Find the answer to each question on the internet. Next to each question (in bold letters) is something that relates to the answer of the question in some way, maybe distantly. You may not see the connection until you find the answer. Find this item – a picture of it, the real thing, a toy, etc. – in your house.
Let’s do a practice question:
What color is the Seed that is on the top left of the Seeds of Happiness homepage? Find a turtle
Go to seedsofhappiness.com, look in the top left corner of the page. You’ll see a picture of a GREEN seed. So, the answer to the question is Green. (This is the answer that you would email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Next, in bold letters, you find the item that is related to the answer. So, Find a turtle. This is related because both that seed, and most turtles, are green.
See what I mean when I said the item is “something that relates to the answer of the question in some way, maybe distantly”?
If you don’t have one of the items to be found, you can skip it, OR you could create it. For instance, if you don’t have a dog, a picture of a dog, or a dog stuffed animal, instead of finding it you could create it – draw, paint, or color a picture of one. Or create one with paper and glue. Use your imagination.
1) What is the name of the doggie mascot at Seeds of Happiness? (Hint: He was also the model for the dog seeds) Find a Dog
2) Where are the Seeds of Happiness hand crafted? Find something gray (the color the Seeds are when they are first created out of clay)
3) Who is most well-known for creating the smiley face? Find something round
4) In the movie “Finding Nemo”, what is the name of the turtle? Find a turtle
5) What day is World Smile Day? Find something that has the number two on it
6) In “The Magic of Christmas” video that Seeds of Happiness put out around Christmas, what animal is on the red wrapping paper that is under the tree? Find something black
7) In the “Smiles from Start to Finish” video put out by the Seeds of Happiness, what color is the smile that is being painted? Find a brush (paintbrush, hair brush, etc.)
8) What 5 solid colors do the Seeds of Happiness Fun Mugs come in? Find a rainbow
9) About how long does it take to make one seed? Find something with the number 3
10) In the Q&A Session that Mark Borella, a.k.a. The Seeds of Happiness Guy, did for The Novel Turtle website, what was his answer to question number 6? Find something that could be used as a magic wand
11) What “fruit” is currently sold on the Seeds of Happiness website? (Hint: it has a bite out of it) Find an orange
12) On the Seeds of Happiness Facebook page, under the “Birthday Club Signup” on the right menu, what color is the 5th seed from the left? Find a candle
13) On The Novel Turtle Facebook page, what does it say on the April 15, 2020 post? (Hint: there is a Seed of Happiness wearing headphones in the picture) Find a pair of headphones
14) In the song “Happy” by Pharrell, the song from Despicable Me, what hand motion does he ask you to do? Find a glove or mitten
15) Where in both California and Florida is known as “The Happiest Place on Earth”? Find a star
16) In Disney’s Robin Hood cartoon, what color is Toby the turtle’s hat? Find a hat
17) In the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, what is the name of the turtle that wears the blue mask? Find something blue
18) I find it humerus, that if you hit the place below the Humerus bone, it’s actually not very funny. Where is your humerus located? Find something that starts with an “H”
19) What’s yellow and happy, and lives in the sky? Find a moon
20) What is the name of The Novel Turtle emails? (Hint: I mentioned it at the beginning of this post. It’s also on our homepage and our Facebook page) Find an envelope
We hope that you have fun doing this scavenger hunt! Again, if you have questions, email me at email@example.com.
The Novel Turtle is all about finding and creating your happiest life. Sometimes that means sorting through the thoughts and feelings that are tripping us up, and sometimes it means playing with your food or doing a scavenger hunt.
Playing, and letting loose, is just as important as diet and exercise. If we don’t take the time to have fun and to laugh, our lives can get very dull, very quickly.
No matter where you are, what you do, or what you have, find a way to make yourself smile each day, and then find a way to make someone else smile.
If we can give one person a smile each day, imagine how much happier the world would be.